What kind of discounts can I get?

Various discounts are available for automobile insurance, such as:


  • No Claim Discount: 10% for one year without claim; 15% for two years without claim and 20% for at least three years without claim
  • 10% Multi Car Discount: afforded the insured if there are two or more vehicles insured in the same policy by persons living in the same household
  • Student Discount: provided to young drivers who are able to maintain a required grade point average in school academics
  • High Deductible insurance: actual discounts vary from 5% to 20% depending on the level of deductible for Comprehensive and Collision coverage
  • $25.00 Theft Alarm Discount: given to vehicles with installed alarm system


How can I save on insurance premiums?

  • Maintain a good driving record
  • Choose a higher deductible that is easy on your pocket and acceptable to the car’s lienholder
  • Maintain a good grade point average
  • Don’t file for minor or small claims. The amount of settlement paid to you may be smaller than the No-Claim Discount you would lose.
  • Keep your cars in the same policy to avail of the Multi-Car Discount


How and where do I file claims?

  • You can request the claims form from any of our branches or use the form available from this website.
  • Complete the form and submit the same to the Claims Department located at the Tamuning Office.
  • Secure two repair estimates
  • Present the Police Report for auto accidents


My Car was damaged in an accident that is not my fault, should I use my policy to repair my car?

It is best that you file a property damage or even a bodily injury claim against the insurance carrier of the driver responsible for the auto accident.

If you choose to use your policy, remember that there is a deductible for collision claim and this is going to be an out-of-pocket expense for you. If you suffer bodily injury, your own auto policy will not cover your losses. If you use your policy you are also not entitled to a substitute car while your vehicle is undergoing repair. At the time of renewal, you will also lose your No-Claim discount because you filed a claim under your policy.



I was involved in an Auto accident that is, unfortunately, my fault. I incurred medical bills and I cannot work for about a week. Does my Auto insurance cover my medical bills and lost wages?

If you have Medical Payments coverage, your medical bills are covered, usually up to $1,000, regardless of whether the car accident is your fault or not. You can increase the amount of this coverage up to $3,000 with an additional premium. There is also a time limit, only medical bills incurred within a year from the accident date are covered. Sorry, lost wages are not covered.

The driver who hit my car does not have any Auto insurance, my car is a wreck and I suffered some cuts and bruises. What are my options?

If you have Collision coverage for the wrecked car, file a claim against your own policy. Take note that you would have to pay the deductible and you would lose your No-Claim discount upon renewal of your policy. If you have Medical payments coverage for the wrecked car, you can claim your medical expenses. The usual limit is $2,000 or $3,000 per person.

If you have Uninsured Motorist coverage, you can also use this to recover insured medical expenses and lost wages.



My car was modified by installing aftermarket accessories worth $5,000. I was not able to notify the insurance company of these accessories. Just my bad luck; my car was stolen, would the accessories be covered?

If your car is covered for Comprehensive you can file a claim for the blue book value of the car. However, since you were not able to declare the accessories, these would not be included in the amount of settlement.

It is advisable to inform your insurance agent if you modify or add any accessory to your car after you have purchased insurance. There will be an additional premium because the value of your car would increase but you are assured that the accessories are insured.



Somebody vandalized my car. I was advised to file a comprehensive claim. In filing the claim, I was told by the adjuster that I must pay a $500.00 deductible to the automobile repair shop. Why should I pay $500.00?

A claim deductible is the amount of loss that an insured pays in the event of claim. The amount varies from $100.00 to $1,000. A higher deductible means a lower premiums since you get more discount for a higher deductible.

Deductible is the “self-pay” portion of your insurance that you and the insurance agent agreed to. You have to shoulder this to get your car repaired.



I received a Summons and Complaint as a result of a motor vehicle accident that happened last year. I aready reported the accident to the insurance company. What am I to do?

You should immediately notify your insurance company that you have received a Summons and Complaint. The insurer will defend you at their expense for civil cases only. It will also indemnify you as insured, for all sums that you shall become legally obligated to pay by reason of liability imposed upon you by law for damages, subject to the coverage limits.